I have read so many blogs today about how exciting it is that October is here and fall can now begin. I just realized that I hadn't taken a picture since September 25th. And seeing as we aren't doing anything really fallish, this is what we can take a picture of:
I started planning and preparing on Tuesday

We rented this doctor today
{kids were very confused about its name}
All because Chloe was wearing her swimming suit and pretending that she was at the pool, a couple of days ago. The next morning her bedroom smelled like she had left her pull-up in the garbage can in her room {a big no no} but there wasn't one there. As I picked up her dirty clothes I noticed that her swimming suit was wet and it smelled like PEE!!!!! So she has been the biggest helper today. We stripped her bedding and washed it all, again. We washed down every piece of furniture in her room and then took it out. We wiped down the walls removing all smudges, fingerprints, crayon and pencil marks. We sorted her toys and washed all dress ups, swimming suits, doll clothes, and anything else that could go in the washing machine.
This is Chloe's bare room:
This is my office full of Chloe and Seth's stuff:

All of the bedding is dry and ready to be put back together. I even shampooed the family room and my own bedroom. I bought some special spray for urine and have shampooed Chloe's room in between all of the others. I will try it again in the morning but right now I can still smell it... By the way, when I asked this five year old {who has been potty trained for years} why she did this she mentioned that she usually just pees in the pool. And that's a whole other conversation!!!
Any suggestions are appreciated!
2 comments:
Well, as I told you before...a room is a priviledge, and if she isn't willing to take care of it I think the consequence should be that she doesn't get play or sleep in it.
Yikes...good luck with that one!
We've had the secret pottying before too. I made him wear a pullup all day. He didn't like it. Hasn't happened since!
Yea for the Dr.!
Post a Comment