Perusing Pumpkins

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Krystal e-mailed me about Gardner's Village Wee Witches Weekend yesterday and we decided to go. It sounded like there would be a lot of fun activities for the kids, a costume parade, and a little shopping on the side. The fact that I got lost on my way to her house should have clued me in to what kind of day today was going to be... {I tried the new Legacy Highway for the first time and got off on the wrong exit} Once we finally got there we were ready to go!


Erin and Sammy met us there for a little pumpkin perusing
Sadly the whole thing was quite a let down. It was so crowded! None of our children our school age and we didn't realize that it was UEA weekend. There was a whole lot of children running around quite a few stores that don't want a whole lot of children running around them. We had a hard time parking. We had a hard time maneuvering through the masses. The bakery and food vendors were a mob scene. The petting zoo was a joke at $7 a kid. Amazingly the kids were in heaven!

I got some pictures from my brother-in-law Jared today and I am second guessing myself about posting my prize winning fish from last weekend...

I love this picture of Seth in this cool tree we found:
Josh was very excited about the cheesecake I made him!

Here is Seth with his life preserver on under his coat and ski bibs and...

Grandpa tried to catch a few Zzz's

Not the trophy fish we were hoping for...

But still we caught some beauties!!!I guess that I have reached the point in my life where I can choose comfort over fashion. I didn't realize how crazy I looked until saw this one of me... But I was warm!

2 comments:

Janiece,  October 17, 2008 at 10:15 PM  

It looks like you had a great time!
Cold but great!

Annette Anthony,  October 19, 2008 at 7:33 PM  

We went to gardner village the other day and although we didn't have the kids it just didn't seem the same. I just think we need to find some new places. Some undiscovered places. Also your fishing trip looks fun. Your fashion is almost to my level. Check out my blog and our vacation pics and you'll see me looking pretty much the same way!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails