Sweet, Sweet Weekend

Sunday, October 5, 2008

I love the semi annual recharge my spiritual batteries get when I participate in conference. I am so filled with excitement over the new temples in Calgary, Alberta; Córdoba, Argentina; greater Kansas City area; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; and Rome, Italy. I really liked the comparison between shopping and marriage. I will be praying for the opening of the restricted areas of the world. I will try to be more reverent during the sacrament to serve him, to obey him, to remember him. I will overcome despair with Faith, HOPE and Charity.

President Uchtdorf's message was especially powerful to me and I will overcome the temptation to lose hope. I will remember that Hope is the foundation and anchor of our soul. That the opposite of Hope, Faith and Charity are Doubt, Despair and Failure to Care. Hope transcends the trivial, abiding trust that the Lord will fulfill his promises. Hope is believing and expecting our prayers to be answered. Hope gives us the patience to bare our afflictions; leading to Ultimate Joy! The brighter our Hope the greater our Faith. The stronger our Hope the purer our Charity. Hope sustains us through despair. Never give in, never surrender, never allow despair to overcome your spirit! Move Forward!!!

3 comments:

Linn,  October 5, 2008 at 6:58 PM  

Of course you can use the picture! I found it and loved it and immediately had one printed to put in our living room. Thanks for sharing your great thoughts and hope you guys are doing well. My parents are doing awesome! They are so so so happy. This is a wonderful time for them. Take care!

wende,  October 5, 2008 at 8:41 PM  

i love this photo of pres. monson! i may be lifting it too!

pres uchtdorf's talk was my favorite also. i thought it was great how often the talks seems to be centered around the "enjoy the journey theme". it's a reminder i need every day!

Janiece,  October 6, 2008 at 3:56 PM  

You totally captured conference.
Have a great day!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails