Epiphany!!!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wendy suggested that I section off a bit of our basement for the kids' toys a while ago! I finally organized all of our boxes and got everything labeled and moved to a different section. We un-boxed 4 boxes of toys that were put away some time ago. It was like Christmas morning came early!!! I vacuumed up all of the spiderwebs and as much dust as possible. We washed the kitchen that had been outside and will probably bring down the roller blades and bikes before winter. There are some crayons and coloring books as well as ~ the TV & VCR that I have hated having in Chloe's room. I have taken it out before but she always wakes up and says she is having nightmares. It was her idea and they are so excited to just play and play. And the best part is that I don't have to worry and care about their toys!!! I am going to try to get some carpet remnants and some shelves for their books. This is so wonderful!

5 comments:

Lisa Allen,  October 22, 2008 at 3:06 PM  

That is awesome! It's nice to have an unfinished area that the kids can't destroy, right?

Jillene,  October 22, 2008 at 3:29 PM  

You are going to LOVE this!! My kids have a toy/tv room downstairs and it is HEAVEN!! No more do I have to watch Dora, Yo Gabba Gabba, Go Diego Go, SpongeBob, Suite Life of Zack and Cody, That's So Raven, iCarly, and on and on!! I need to get some book shelves for down there and re-paint but for now they are ALL GOOD--and so am I!!

Annette Anthony,  October 23, 2008 at 9:46 AM  

I am such a mean mom. I rotate their toys! When I pull out a new box it is just like you said "Christmas moning!" I have tried to make their play room in the basement but the toys still end up all over the house! So thats when I resorted to 5 plastic bins and they only get one at a time. I pull out a new one and pack the old one every couple of months. I think I am going to band toys all together!

wende,  October 23, 2008 at 11:25 PM  

we loved having an unfinished basement in the last house when the kids were little. we brought down their scooters one year after christmas and i swear it's all they did, kept them busy for HOURS YAY! we bought a cheap remnant and it was perfect. great idea!

Annette Anthony,  October 26, 2008 at 2:55 PM  

Liz.. My dad hung a swing off the rafters when I was little. I bet you Dan could totally do that!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails