Spooky Halloween & SPT #14

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Today we were getting ready to learn more about the color orange at preschool. We painted Chloe's fingernails orange and put on her Halloween tights. I thought it would be fun to put the two of them in their not so Spooky Halloween outfits and try to take a picture of them together...
This was the best shot of them singing the Itsy Bisty Spider:

Today is also Self Portrait Tuesday and I am going back to my list of 100.

#14. I have beautiful blue eyes!

You might not be able to tell from this picture {hah} but my children have my eyes too. I am way too vain about my eyes and get complements every once in a while... I really like it when someone mentions how beautiful my kids eyes are! Vain ~ I know.


I snagged this picture of Chloe and Jacob, when I dropped them of at school today. I hope she isn't smothering him, but I love how much she loves to help him.

Chloe's friends Afton and Casey came over to play and after a while they went house hopping. First Afton's and then Casey's. I don't know Casey very well ~ they just moved in. I did know that Casey's dad is a police officer and tonight Casey's mom was teaching a class at enrichment. Just before 7 I thought I should go gather my babe and first went to Afton's just to be sure. Then went to Casey's after Afton told me that when she couldn't play any more, Chloe stayed to play with Casey alone. I rang the door bell {tentatively waiting to be introduced to the police man} I don't know why I was nervous. No Answer. I rang the door bell again. No Answer. I swear I could hear Chloe's voice. The police car was parked on the side of the house, so I knocked really loudly on the door. No Answer. I checked the door knob to see if it twisted. It was unlocked, but I didn't dare push it to check against the deadbolt. This is a police officer's house! I heard Chloe's voice again. I tried looking at the back of their house {un-fenced} and started calling out CHLOE! After thinking and imagining horrible thoughts I went back to the front door and knocked very loudly and pushed the door open... It was very dark and I could definitely hear that my child was in the house. I called out Hell-O and Chloe and even Casey! I turned on some lights and found a door leading to the basement and the voices... Casey's police man father was down stairs in the basement working and couldn't hear the doorbell ring. They were just playing. No need for a heart attack. Everything is just fine. I tried to not be embarrassed and introduced myself and tried to explain coherently why I just walked into their home...

She is getting so big and acting so old, but she is still so small and fragile. This is not just spooky it is down right scary!!!

7 comments:

Missy,  October 15, 2008 at 5:04 PM  

ya, blue eyes are great. I have hazel and my husband has blue. We have five kids and only one ended up with blue eyes! I love looking at them.

Dacia,  October 15, 2008 at 5:54 PM  

Your eyes are a beautiful blue! How nice that your kids got them too. There's no chance that my kids will ever have them, but oh well.

My 5 year old daughter started doing the house hopping too and now she's grounded from playing outside for a few days. We go over the rules every time she goes outside to play and she still ends up in someone' house! Ughh!

The Monkeys,  October 15, 2008 at 9:00 PM  

Women hate too much about themselves, so I am glad you've got something you just love about yourself!

wende,  October 15, 2008 at 10:07 PM  

you do have beautiful blue eyes - and it's nice when our kids something good of ours. my poor kids inherited my ADD, what's up with that? :)

MaryRC,  October 15, 2008 at 10:47 PM  

blue eyes can be dangerous ;) my daughter has eyes more like you than me. and she gets away with so much when she flashes her baby blues...

Erin,  October 16, 2008 at 9:14 AM  

Yes, it's true you all have very beautiful eyes...I think yours are the truest blue still out of all of ours. So, what did the policemn say after you explained why you broke into his house??? You are quite ballsy! And did you kick miss Chloe's butt for staying there alone?

Unknown,  October 21, 2008 at 8:47 AM  

i also love when people compliment my eyes. but i love it more when they compliment my son's!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails