SPT ~ 100 Things About Me
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
From Lelly:
have you got your 100 list handy? yes? fantastic! no? well, this is your chance to get one going! i think october is a great month to spend some time with yourself. i know many of us are already hyperventilating about the rush from All Hallow's Eve through New Year's Eve. this is the perfect opportunity to get yourself mentally, physically and spiritually prepared for the upcoming holiday *madness.* this month, we will consult our 100 lists. it's quite simple, really. on the 7th of the month (TOMORROW) post an spt about item #7 on your list. on the 14th of the month, post an spt about item #14. and so on. and so on. don't have a list? why don't you start one? it seems like a daunting task, you say? well, if you work up to #7 this week, #14 next week, etc., your list will be more than a quarter of the way finished by the end of the month!
I just made my list and #7 is that I'm a middle child.
There's Laura, Wendy, Jeanette, Becky, Liz {ME}, Krista, Tom, & Erin!
That's right I am a Middle Child and all of the stigma that comes along with it. There were eight of us kids. I have four older sisters {who were all beautiful and perfect} and three younger siblings {who could do it all better than me at an earlier age}. I only wore hand me down clothes. We used to go to California each year in the back of a camper and I always got stuck sleeping on the floor ~ next to the bathroom. I once got my sisters old sewing machine for Christmas. I used to have to wake up so early in the morning if I wanted some time in the bathroom before school. I was once left at a wedding reception. I'm not saying that being a middle child didn't have it's perks but boy did I have to work really hard to be noticed...
10 comments:
Oh that dreaded sibling birth order. There are 9 in my family and I was 3rd, so I wasn't THE middle child, but I was somewhere there in the middle. I think being in a big family I had a lot of the same struggles you did.
wow, you really experienced some "quintessential" middle child moments!!
great pictures of all of you together. my family was half this size - and i though i had it rough trying to find time in the bathroom!
Wah Wah Wah!!! I got left at Strawberry where a creepy old ranger wanted to take me to his house! I think we just had loopy parents, it had nothing to do with the order you fell in.
Great family pics! I thought I had it bad as the OLDEST...but as you said...everything has it's goods/bads! I worry about my middle child getting "lost" in the mix...what do you do...all these things give us experience :)
oh man, trying to find some bathroom time with ALL THOSE GIRLS! holy crap! i hadn't realized that you only had one brother!
ps you're every bit as cute as your older sisters!
As a middle child myself, I cracked up at your post. I can so relate. Poor us.
I am a middle child too. and my stp is sorrta the same as yours
I only had 3 sisters. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to come from a large family! How fun for your parents now!
I am the baby of the family and even now I am still treated as the baby.
WOW!!!! I HAVE 6 SISTERS AND 1 BROTHER TOO!!!! AND... THERE NAMES ARE THE SAME.. WHAT ARE THE ODDS!!!!
Post a Comment