Hmmm, so good X 4

Saturday, October 25, 2008

It's a Happy Halloween Birthday Party!!!
Chloe's friend Felicity celebrated her 5th birthday today
and during the party & without Chloe's help I made:
4 Lasagnas!!!
On the last Sunday of each month my entire family gets together to have Family Home Evening and tomorrow it is at my house. Now that the lasagnas are made I can start cleaning my kitchen from top to bottom! I have already clean all of the bedrooms and just need to attack the bathrooms before I drop dead from exhaustion tonight. Then I will mop the floor tomorrow after the kids spill and drop their lunch crumbs!!!
This is Seth's face when I said he couldn't have any lasagna until tomorrow!

Lasagna Recipe:
12 ounces ground beef & sausage combination
7½ ounces tomatoes
8 ounces tomato sauce
6 ounces tomato paste
2 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
6 dried lasagna noodles
1 egg, beaten
2 cups cottage cheese
¼ cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
8 slices mozzarella cheese

For sauce, brown meat; add onion powder and garlic powder. Drain fat. Stir in un-drained tomatoes, sauce, paste, basil, oregano, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Cover; simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, cook noodles for 10 to 12 minutes or till tender but still firm. Drain noodles; rinse with cold water. Drain well. For filling, combine the egg, cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese. Layer three of the cooked noodles in a large rectangle-baking dish. Spread with half of the filling. Top with half of the meat sauce. Repeat layers. Top with slices of mozzarella cheese. Bake 375° for 30 – 35 minutes or till heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Make ahead directions: after assembling as above, cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Bake, covered 375° for 40 minutes. Uncover, bake about 20 minutes more or till hot. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

5 comments:

Kate,  October 25, 2008 at 5:03 PM  

Oh man, give that kid some lasagna, what a cutie! You go Liz! I just spent two hours doing yard work and I'm pooped, house cleaning will have to wait till Monday. Have fun at your FHE!

Erin,  October 26, 2008 at 8:00 AM  

Holy cow, he looks so much like Tommy in that picture!!!

Annette Anthony,  October 26, 2008 at 2:52 PM  

yummmmm! Looks really good. Did you survive? I think your super girl gets it all from her mom (wonder womam) !!!!!!

Racheal,  October 26, 2008 at 5:12 PM  

4 lasagnas? now that's impressive!

Jillene,  October 27, 2008 at 9:15 AM  

Sweet!! Thanks for the recipe. I love Lasagna!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails