Knolls
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Saturday morning we woke up early and met Dan's Dad for a little riding at the Knolls. I have never been all the way to the edge of the dunes where the fence is marking the edge of the government testing area. The sun was shining and when we were standing still it was warm... but we were moving most of the time. There are moments in a fathers life when he passes on the knowledge he has gained throughout his lifetime to his son. This was one of those moments!
Seth really liked peeing on the rocks!
After a picnic lunch we headed to the flats and the white dunes nearest I-80.
I think Chloe's favorite part of riding is playing in the sand.
Chloe didn't dare do it, but Seth gave it a whirl:
Not to be one up'd by her little brother, Chloe loved it:
Then she tried her own version:
After rushing home and a quick clean up we headed over to my oldest nephew, Ben's Eagle Scout Court of Honor. He is the first of the 22 grandchildren in our family to have earned his eagle. It was so great to be there and congratulate him and all of his hard work. It was all new to me, but he was asked to pick a mentor, someone who has helped him and guided him... NO it wasn't me but it was my brother Tom. Uncle Tom is a great mentor. I hope he still has the patience and the energy when Seth is this age.
3 comments:
I laughed so hard...
as daddy does...
It looks like Dan is shaking the pee right out of him!!!
Just so you know, now Seth will go outside just to PEE!!!! Maybe it will help with keeping the toilets (or toliet area) clean.
Post a Comment