Weekend in Review

Monday, February 2, 2009

Friday night I went to my Mom's house for a little sisterly scrap booking. We had a little food, a few laughs and were very serious the entire time. N.O.T. We cackled like chickens and pigged out but we did put together quite a few snazzy layouts. This time Laura, Wendy, Becky, Erin, Mom and I all giggled the night away. Laura coordinated the entire event and then showed up late due to work {poo poo}! And even though she came late, didn't scrap book, left early & forgot to pay the money she owed me, I still called her office and left I don't know how many prank calls for her to listen to Monday morning!!! The highlight of the evening was Wendy announcing that she doesn't like BYU because they're racist {she said with a slight lisp} meaning to say sexist. Either way I think she's been outed!

Saturday morning I got up and attended my Stakes Relief Society Women's Conference. It was such a treat to go and listen and learn. There wasn't a single child fighting for my attention or hiding their runny nose from my approaching kleenex. It was just beautiful to listen to the keynote speaker talk about the book "A Heart Like His". I want people around me to feel acknowledged, accepted, validated, noticed, cared for, supported, encouraged, uplifted, motivated, inspired, comforted, healed, nourished, nurtured, changed, more confident, and more able. I want to choose to open my heart!

Sunday was a great day. It is such a pleasure to have a nursery of only 13 children. We have 19 on the roll but last year we had 29 nursery age children coming each and every Sunday... It just seems so easy, now! After dinner we turned the super bowl on not really rooting for a team but enjoying the commercials and waiting for The Office episode to start. I couldn't help thinking that the player on the Pittsburgh's team with the long, black, curly hair reminded me of Laura's hair on Friday night after I gave her a head massage... Coincidence, I don't think so!

4 comments:

Linn,  February 2, 2009 at 7:50 AM  

You are so fun and exciting! Thanks for the great update and for making me laugh. You are fabulous!

Cami,  February 2, 2009 at 7:55 AM  

I am so jealous!! It looks like you guys always have so much fun!! I will have a little talk with the Wendy on how to use her words!

Jenn,  February 2, 2009 at 2:31 PM  

That looks like a good book. Do you think you could put Laura's face in that picture?

Becky Darling,  February 4, 2009 at 8:08 AM  

Sounds like a great weekend!!! I am glad I was there to enjoy it with you!!!! Your my favorite!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails