SPT - The first thing that attracted me to you was...
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
There are so many things that attracted me to Dan it is hard to remember what the first thing was. It's a funny story, our beginning ~ but it depends on who you ask... You see I was dating a couple of guys in the end of summer, 1997. Jim* was a little worried because he was going out of town for a bit. He was nervous of all of the time I would be spending with John* while he was away. So he thought that I should hang out with his best friend and room mate, a guy named Dan. He was this skinny, punk who had longish, black hair, a gray truck and this funny, crooked tooth. I was very particular about peoples teeth. I have a hard time not staring at horrible yellow teeth or huge gaps in between the front two teeth. I am very shallow when it comes to teeth... Dan's crazy tooth was like a magnet to me but for some reason, I loved it. He was very self conscious about it and tried not to smile. But he smiled at me!!!
I had heard all of these stories about Dan, Jim* thought he was so awesome. I remember we were playing video games ~ it was a beavis & butt head game, and I had the strangest thought. Dan and I were just sitting there laughing when I felt that Dan was the man I was going to marry. I vividly remember thinking, "The Hell I Am!" and got up and took off...
While Jim* was out of town, Dan and I were smitten. He came home and Dan moved out. After some time, Dan introduced me to his family, and I met his brother Josh. When Dan was with Josh, he was so happy ~ it was obvious how much he loved his little brother. I knew at that moment that he would love me and our children that much and possibly more! So I married him a few months later in February of 1998!!
P.S. Dan and Jim* didn't talk for a little while but are still friends to this day.
P.S.S. Jim* even married my friend Angie* and they too lived happily ever after!
*The Names have been changed to protect those mentioned!
9 comments:
I really enjoyed that post. Happy ever after...
That's a great story and a cute picture. Good thing the tooth didn't stop you :)
cute post. but um, sorry, now i need to hear the story behind that first photo! dan doesn't seem like the kind of guy to wear tall red high heels if you know what i mean! do share!
thanks for sharing your "beginning", i love that you were like "hell no" in the beginning! too funny.
What a fun story! You MUST share the story behind those crazy red heels.
I knew my hubby was "the one" when I saw him with my grandparents (who were 88 and 90 at the time). He was so caring and patient with people he had just met! I knew that I wanted to grow old with him holding my hand.
what a great SPT!
Wow you both look so young.
i cant believe he let you keep pictures of him in that outfit. Oh we have so so much fun on our campouts. HEHEHEHE
CUTE~
After seeing the first picture how could you not marry him?!?
Post a Comment