Work and Play
Monday, September 15, 2008
After having his bike worked on by and an un-named shop and still unhappy with un-named shops quality he decided to order new/more parts and do the labor himself. This is actually a quality I love about un-named husband! He takes such good care of everything that he loves {I am included in this}!!! He worked on his bike all weekend and when he was done he proudly announced that we would be joining my family and going to the dunes, YEAH!!!
He even stopped working on his bike to join our neighborhood for the annual block party. I felt kind of conspicuous snapping pictures because a few people in my neighborhood read my blog. But the hay ride was Chloe's favorite part of the gathering and she went on no less than five rides! It was really fun to get together and meet our newer neighbors and just sit and talk with friends.
Poor little princess coach has now been washed and sterilized and return to Chloe's bedroom. But we were laughing about this at the block party and a bunch of the moms mentioned {to my relief} that their kids have done this as well. One mom said that her son peed in his Lego's and she just up and threw them away. So for all of you out there {Cindy} this will not be happening again. We had a nice long conversation and Chloe swears that she has never peed in her toys before {which I choose to believe} and will never do it again! Or else the poor toy will be thrown away! {I am the meanest mom ever!!!}
This morning has been so productive. I have stripped all of the sheets and am washing all of the bedding ~ comforters and all. We have flipped mattresses, put away toys, shoes, etc. and have vacuumed all of the carpets! You might wonder how I get this all accomplished before 10:00 in the morning...
Chloe loves to play on my computer and visit her web sights. I have found so many links to some great learning activities for her from many blogs out there and wanted to post her list:
Some of these are obvious but she can color on-line and we even print pages for her to color. She reads stories and is learning to read and sound out small words. I can't believe how different learning is from when I was a little girl!
1 comments:
Sometimes what we choose to believe is a lot more comforting than the truth!!! I can't believe she peed in her toy! Gross! That is hilarious...just one more thing to look forward too I guess.
Post a Comment