and Yesterday was Only Tuesday
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
I've stated that I was shallow before, well I bought these adorable pants for Chloe almost 2 years ago and she finally fits in them. She loves the ribbon belt! {ME TOO!}
Yesterday was another day for preschool and I planned to pick up our neighbor, Jacob and drop both kids off to school.Seth, too, has some new clothes for the new season and he loves his new shirt with a huge grasshopper on it. The blurry picture is showing how fast he likes to ride...
While Chloe and I were getting ready, Seth was going too fast in the kitchen and spilled kool-aid all over the kitchen floors, counters and bar stools!!! I didn't even have time to stop and wipe it up ~ Stress and another worry line {wrinkle}!
In this preschool Jacob is the youngest and Chloe is one of the oldest and we were worried that Jacob might want his mom to drive him both too and from school. So far so good, but Seth was so sad to see both Jacob and Chloe take off,
and shortly afterwards he was down for the count!
So Seth and I ran errands and got some groceries. We got home just in time for Mindy to drop Chloe off and as she comes running up to the front door, Jacob is coming, too ~ following closely behind. She wants Jacob to stay and play, "Oh Please Mom?" Sure, why not, I already have to mop the floors ~ there isn't any more damage to be done! YEAH RIGHT!!! The kids were playing dress up and when I checked on them the first time, Chloe was using her toys to give Jacob a makeover {curling his hair, a little eyeshadow and fingernail polish, etc.}! Then they were trying on all of the costumes we pulled out of the Halloween boxes and Seth comes downstairs stark naked wanting to wear his motorcycle outfit! I run upstairs and get him suited up, Chloe is a pink princess and Jacob is the hulk. I checked again and Jacob was a fireman being bossed around {A LOT} by the pink princess. Mindy called and was going to pick Jacob up in 20 minutes when I noticed that Jacob's hair was now shorter than it was a few moments ago... Chloe had some scissors in her room {FORBIDDEN} and had not only given Jacob a trim but cut all of the toggle/handles off of her blinds in her bedroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAUGHHHHHHHHHH!!! I don't know what to do with this girl. This has got to be the 5th time she has cut hair and the second time someone other than her own {Seth's was the 1st}.Krista suggested using scissors to cut something up that she loves, right in front of her ~ like her blanket. Dan says that is way to harsh... I don't know what to do with this girl! Help, Please!
Moving On/Moving Forward!
Seth was so proud this morning, he did the puzzle all by himself.
Thanks again Grandma Rita!
7 comments:
Hi Liz! Thanks for stopping by The Journey last week for my SITS day and leaving such sweet comments. I am taking my time getting around to everyone so I can poke around a little. If it makes you feel any better, I got a call from the principal when my son was in first grade, telling me he had my son and a handful of hair in his office--from the beautiful redhead who sat next to him. (What he didn't tell me was that Ben had the girl's full cooperation.)
Anyway, I'm sure she'll move on to another equally endearing obsession soon...good luck with that!;-)
oh man liz, sorry, that's a hard call. i'm with dan and i think that cutting up her blanket is too harsh - it doesn't grow back! i also think it's something she should have to "earn" back with good behavior but i don't know what exactly.
if it's any consolation, i can get ethan out of the toilets! ahhhh! me, the germ-o-phobe with a kid who plays non stop in the toilet whenever he gets a chance!
kids! who needs 'em!? :) good luck!
I think cutting up her blanket is pretty harsh too, plus, it seems kind of childish...you cut someone's hair, so I'm going to cut something of yours. you know? But I definitely think confiscating something and definitely removing all scissors from anywhere she can find them. Even if you have to keep them in a locked drawer for now...again, just one more thing for me to look forward too!
Oh, I so feel your pain. Chelsea insists on having tea parties DAILY and I am constantly stepping into puddles in her room. I've told her to PRETEND to have tea/water, but that didn't help, I've put her in time-out, I've yelled at her, I even resorted to locking her bathroom door, but then she just wet her pants! AAAArgh! How do you stop them from doing something they enjoy so much?
WOW! I would have had a meltdown for sure! Maybe you should buy her lots and lots of [cheap] dolls so she can chop their hair off! Worked when my mom caught me cutting my sisters hair with the nail clippers...several times!
I think cutting the blanket is way to harsh...
I would have to agree with Erin and lock the sissors up...Visit with her and explain she is not big enough to use sissors because she is causing damage to others things. Then have her pick her consiquence if you see her with any. Let her teacher know that she has to be told she MAY use them...ONLY for an assignment...NOT TO PLAY WITH or FREE TIME...SHe will start to learn over time.
By the way...most of us have had a kid that tries to be the hair stylest for the neighborhood
I say go with Krista's plan. She needs to learn that it is not OK. Maybe cutting up something she loves would help her realize what she is doing is naughty!!! I am SO glad my kids are PERFECT!!!!
Post a Comment