So Consumed...
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Talk about your Labor Day Celebration. I just got my copy of Breaking Dawn back from my mom and have wanted to re-read it. It seems that I was so distracted the first time through... and I was trying to read it at breaking speeds! I finished the first book before the weekend got started and finished the third, last night. I blame my obsession to my friend Wende, I remember rolling my eyes as she introduced the book to so many of us at book club. Here she was spouting her love for some vampire. It all just sounded too corny and I refused to read it for months afterwards. Of course I finally loved it and have all of her books sitting on my book shelf. That Stephanie Meyer is a genius! I have her web sight on my list of blogs I obsess about and was reading about how a version of Midnight Sun has been illegally released on-line. I can't believe that she has placed writing and finishing the novel on hold indefinitely. I have started reading the pages that she linked to her site and have felt guilty about reading them. What if she decides to publish this version of Twilight from Edwards perspective and I've already read a different or changed version... It makes me sad as I have started to re-read Breaking Dawn. It is always this way for me, when I come to the end of a series, Books or Television. These characters are on my mind and when I know that the series is ending or over there is a part of me searching for something else to fill that void. I wish that reading my scriptures made me fill this way, instead of lulling me to sleep!




1 comments:
that is so funny that you're blaming me for the obsession! yes, it's true, i love edward. but i have to say that i was so disappointed with breaking dawn that i ended up not evening finishing it! gasp! i decided that i should've just read twilight and left it at that. i'm glad you enjoyed it though, i'm longing for satisfaction and closure with these characters.
one thing is for sure though, it is a super corny cheesy story, but i still love edward. hmmmm, cold stone lips!
Post a Comment