Fun Weekend!

Monday, March 22, 2010

Erin celebrated Maggie's first birthday on Friday night.  It was so fun to see this little girl in the spot light!

Then on Saturday, while some of the brother-in-laws went riding the rest of us got together to celebrate the first day of spring.  We each brought a project and worked on it while we giggled.  The kids enjoyed the fabulous weather and grandma's sand pile!  Remember this Shower curtain I bought?  And I picked up some bright red, orange, green and blue towells and rugs for the kids' bathroom at Ikea.  This weekend I painted these to hand up on the walls.   
Laura had me all excited because she said she would help me and I thought she would end up doing it all.  I was so surprised when she just walked me through it.  I actually did it all.  I started by tracing the pattern onto the canvas after I painted it blue.  I traced the spots and the eyes and mouth.  Laura just laughed at me as I painted the red monster, delicately painting around the spots and such.  Paint each layer and then trace some more.  It was so easy, anyone could do it!

1 comments:

Jenn,  March 24, 2010 at 12:54 AM  

Can't wait to see your finished bathroom! Very cute!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails