Not an Emergency

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Here is the scene at Chloe's school after I got a call from her teacher saying I should get there as quickly as possible, that Chloe fell and hurt herself.

Fortunately for us, the firetruck and ambulance was there for Dr. Seuss week. It is his birthday today and they firemen were coming to read stories to all of the children, except for Chloe:

She was running after the morning bell rang and she tripped on the cement. A mom that was there said that she was struggling with her back pack and couldn't catch herself. She hit the ground with her head, hard. She is home with and ice pack on her cheek and some ibuprofen in her body. Her pediatrician wants me to monitor her for 24 hours and if there is any remaining swelling, to bring her in tomorrow...
I really wasn't waiting for something dramatic to blog about, but there you go!

9 comments:

Laura,  March 2, 2010 at 11:13 AM  

oh man that looks like it really hurts. Hope you feel better soon!!!

Jenn,  March 2, 2010 at 12:15 PM  

OUCH! I'm so sorry Chloe!

Shiree in Salt Lake City,  March 2, 2010 at 12:17 PM  

OUCH!!! Poor Chloe! Feel well soon honey.

Wendy,  March 2, 2010 at 12:36 PM  

That is the saddest face that I ever saw!!! Hope you feel better chloe!!!

bingham 5,  March 2, 2010 at 4:11 PM  

Poor girl! Did you have a heart attack when you pulled up to school?!

Erin,  March 2, 2010 at 9:53 PM  

Oh poor Chloe-Myster! That looks like it really hurts...it also brought to mind the dinosaur in Meet the Robinson's when he says.."I have a big head and little arms." Not that Chloe has either, but that crash looks like she went in head first! Poor thing.

Becky Darling,  March 3, 2010 at 8:11 AM  

Chloe...I hope you feel better soon!!!!

wende,  March 3, 2010 at 9:24 AM  

wow, what a way to pull up to the school. my heart would've dropped into my stomach! glad it wasn't for chloe! but OUCH, that does not look fun. any time cement and skin meet, it's not a good thing. i hope she feels better soon!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails