We are on our way!

Thursday, October 1, 2009

There were a few things to be packed for our long weekend at Fish Lake. I made sure MY SUITCASE was in the truck, like 4 times {last year I left my bag home...}! I carefully selected the food we would eat and prepared it as much as humanly possible so that the work to be done at the cabin would be minimal. We had invited Dan's dad and grandpa to come with us but after the funeral, Grandpa Steve had things to do. I got a call Tuesday evening from Dan's mom and she was being coerced into coming! This morning at 8 AM we met at work and loaded everything up into Grandpa's car, everything but our grandma...

I would not recommend driving for four to five hours unless you have the fabulous DVD player with headphones for the munchkins ~ it is so awesome!

We got to the lake and launched the boat. Dad and Dan both caught some sort of fish. After Dinner, Chloe and I stayed at the cabin and caught a glimpse of these deer: She was very quiet when she told me there were deer outside and we quietly went out to the deck to check them out. Two deer were directly under our deck and quickly moved away ~ scaring us quite easily!

The cabin was great, the heater worked well and once the boys dragged their skunked selves inside and Seth woke up from his nap on the boat we enjoyed brownies and ice cream before going to bed!

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails