Dorothy on Parade

Thursday, October 29, 2009

This morning she got all dressed up for the Kindergarten Costume Parade. She has been so excited about being Dorothy. Each time we would pass the Halloween aisle at the grocery store she would adore and fawn over all of the fabulous costumes. We found this sparkly Dorothy and bought her up. But Chloe always appreciated looking at other costumes. I would ask her if we should return our Dorothy and get something else and I was surprised that she consistently and adamantly refused! I found her Dorothy wig, ruffle ankle socks and basket at wal-mart and the shoes at target. We borrowed Toto from a neighbor and she is in absolute heaven!

This is Seth in front of the kindergartner's pumpkins. They painted them black and made cats and bats out of them. Seth was having so much fun with their bubble blowing machine.

This particular Dorothy is not to shy to send us a friendly wave. There were times I thought she was going to give out autographs. She kept saying, "Can you even dye my eyes to match my gown?"
I was surprised that only the kindergartner's could wear their costumes. For the older children, if their teacher so deemed, they could change into their costume for the class party... It was so much fun!

3 comments:

Jenn,  October 29, 2009 at 11:49 PM  

I guess we will have two Dorothy's on Saturday night. What is Seth going to be?

Jeanette Atkinson,  October 30, 2009 at 8:08 AM  

Very darling Dorthy. Is Seth going to be something from the Oz group? Can't wait to see his costume. Aren't school halloween parades awesome? Ours is today, can't wait!!!

Becky Darling,  October 30, 2009 at 10:03 AM  

Love your costume Chloe!!! Your the CUTEST DOROTHY ever!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails