Swine Flu Celebrity Fatality

Monday, May 25, 2009

This is just so sad... and we all know who gave it to him!

I should have put a picture of Ms. Piggy for the way I feel since being home from vacation. It has been so nice to make dinner and eat left overs. I could always take or leave the dishes, but it is nice to know what is in the food I'm going to eat. After more than seven days of eating out, I am ready to start choosing better foods to eat and trying to be healthier. I hate thinking the word diet because I can never stick to a diet but I have to do something. I didn't add this information to my posts about Florida but I do want to remember this moment in life so that I will never forget... After walking around for two days, my feet hurt. I don't know if they were shin splints but my shins really hurt and ached without end. On the third and fourth day of theme parks I rented a motorized scooter to get around. I wanted to enjoy the time I spent there and I didn't want to complain and miss out on anything. Being home, my calves and feet hurt but we are getting back to normal.


I am going to eat healthier and exercise every day. The kids are now both riding bikes so I hope to go out for adventures. I was never able to really get any exercise when they were walking with me or riding in the stroller. They had to stop for one thing or another. But with them both on a bicycle, it should be a work out to keep up with them. I have been trying to get a lot of water in me and I am going to stop drinking both caffeine and carbonation.

I am embarrassed that I couldn't or wouldn't traipse around Disney World. I am too over weight to enjoy my children. I am going to participate in a biggest looser group and I am not going to be the same person I am today. We are going to weigh in twice a month and measure our bodies every three months. Each time we check ourselves on the scales we will put some dollars in the biggest loser pot {somewhere between $2 - $5} and the person with the biggest percentage of loss will win the pool. It is insane, but we have set the date for the first gathering for June 17th and I am having a hard time not binging from now until we begin. I will be adding posts about our bi-monthly happenings and I am hoping this will hold me more accountable to myself.

4 comments:

Kristina P.,  May 31, 2009 at 9:17 AM  

We eat out almost exclusively, and eating better is definitely something I am working on.

And 6 sisters?!? Wow!

Linn,  June 1, 2009 at 7:35 AM  

Good for you Liz! You are just fabulous inside and out! Love this post my friend!

Jeanette Atkinson,  June 2, 2009 at 5:31 PM  

I think the thing that has helped me the most with trying to loose weight is this "I am not on a diet, I am just eating healthier and exercizing not because I like it, but how i feel when I'm done with it" I have only lost 14 pounds since school started, but it is better than weighing even 1 more pound. My biggest looser group has turned into 7 of my bestest friends!

DLundin,  June 3, 2009 at 3:39 PM  

Lizzy you can do it! I know it! If you need chat about weight loss woes, let me know, I'm back on Weight Watcher's again for the fifth or 20th time in three years. :o)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails