The Magic Kingdom

Monday, May 18, 2009

It all started in Fantasy Land. We headed strait to Cinderella's Castle:
And we ran right into her Fairy Godmother:
Chloe had been talking about riding Cinderella's Golden Carousel for weeks!!!
Her eyes were lit up like Magic when she got to meet her favorite Princesses!
Grandpa's eyes got a little twinkle in them, too!
Aurora and Belle were so lovely, Chloe was so tickled ~ I actually started crying ~ a bit!
We went on Peter Pans Flight, Snow Whites Scary Adventure and Dumbo the Flying Elephant:

We saw Mickey's PhilharMagic show & played at Pooh's Playful Spot:

and {without Grandpa} we rode the tea cups at the Mad Tea Party:
Seth got one glance at the cars and we made a mad dash for Tomorrow Land. Indy Speedway is were the deluge started. We got stuck waiting to get off the ride sitting in these plastic cars that gathered rain like a bucket you are sitting in; filling your shoes and soaking your but!!!

While most of us were finding a hiding spot, Seth really enjoyed playing in the rain. There were so many puddles for him to run through and he was already soaked to the bones!

After getting more rain poncho's we sat through the Carousel of Progress and Monster's Inc Laugh Floor. Stitch's Great Escape was puzzling. You had to be 40 inches to ride a stationary seat at a show. And Stitch burps right in your face ~ Gross. We did get a glimpse of Stitch getting out of the rain and we road Buzz Light Year's Space Ranger Spin.

I was so excited to go to Frontier Land and ride on Splash Mountain. Sadly Seth was half an inch too short so we took advantage of their ride share program. Sue sat with Seth at the play ground they have at the end of the ride while Bry, Dan, Chloe and I ran through the fast pass line to the very front. I almost felt a little guilty giggling my way past the poor souls waiting in line! Chloe really like the Brear Rabbit's story and sang along with the Zip-A-Dee-Do-Da song at the end but she wouldn't ride it a second time. So Dan, Sue and I went the second time and because Sue was in her wheel chair we bypassed even more line and started at the exit! It was very convenient, to say the least!!! We stretched Seth and had him stand up super tall and straight and he was able to ride on the Big Thunder Mountain Rail Road ~ go figure. Next was the Haunted Mansion. I was a little worried about Chloe ~ she had liked all of the rides so far but disliked the parts that were in the dark...

At the Haunted Mansion we saw this headstone:

Seth has an imaginary girlfriend named Trudy or Judy or Chudy!!!
In the end everyone like the ghost sitting on our seats or in some cases on our laps!
We also visited Adventure Land and the Magic Carpets of Aladdin:{Watch Out Brittany} We rode the Jungle Cruise:
We also went thorough the Pirates of the Caribbean. Chloe was starting to get really anxious because the ride starts in the dark, but Dan pointed out that there was a baby on our boat. For the rest of the trip she was looking to see what rides babies could go on! Even though we tried to ring all of the water out of Seth's shirt, both kids were really wet and super cold. We were lucky enough to find jackets for both of them in souvenir shops and at $40 bucks each they should be really lucky!!! Chloe's shoes hurt so bad towards the end of the day that we took her soaking shoes and soaking socks off. I'm sure all of our feet looked the same way, but this gives wrinkled feet a new meaning:
Because we got to go with Sue to the exits instead of standing in the lines for many of the rides we finished riding all of the rides we wanted to earlier than we would have ever dreamed. As soon as we got back to the hotel we tried to dry everything out. We threw our walking shoes and jackets in the dryer. We hung our rain ponchos out to dry over the dining room chairs. But it just took time for our feet to eventually smooth out!

7 comments:

Linn,  May 27, 2009 at 7:44 AM  

I love all of these pictures! You guys look like you had a fabulous time! I'm so glad!

Jillene,  May 27, 2009 at 8:23 AM  

I LOVE Disney. While I have never been to Disney World (both of my parents hate to fly and for different reasons) Disneyland is my FAVORITE place. We were there last April and are going back October 2010.

It looks like you had a lot of fun despite the rain and wrinkled feet!!

Jeanette Atkinson,  May 27, 2009 at 9:17 AM  

Love the wrinkly toes. So much for getting sun kissed! Looks like a blast!

Erin,  May 27, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

Oh my goodness...that looked so fun! I loved the look on Miss Chloe's face when she got to meet all the princesses, and Seth looked like he was in heaven splashing in the puddles...who needs Disney, just get that boy some puddles!

Jenn,  May 27, 2009 at 9:40 AM  

It looks like you had a blast! I can't help being a little jealous. But I am glad you guys finally came home and safely too.

Lisa Allen,  May 27, 2009 at 11:26 AM  

Disneyland/Disney World really is the happiest place on earth :) I am so jealous!

Kate,  May 27, 2009 at 1:18 PM  

So fun! I'm glad you guys had a great time even with the rain. Chloe looks so thrilled to see the princesses. How cute is Seth in those rain puddles? I love it! Those are some wrinkly feet!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails