Super Hero or Super Naughty?
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
I am having a really hard time trying to be upset. Last night I served the kidlets some kool aid with their dinner. We were running low on milk {Today is Grocery Shopping Day!} and they were overjoyed. Seth knocked his cup off the counter and the stickiness has just spread from there. My little mini mother, Chloe, hopped off her bar stool to mop up the spilt drink, anything to get out of eating her dinner. Seth and I were watching TV later on last night and he needed a drink. He is so thrilled to be able to help himself to the water and ice dispenser in the fridge. I am so thrilled that this is no longer viewed as a toy. I was waiting for the sounds of refrigerator doing its deed when I heard a loud crash and the breaking of glass. I thought it would be easier to leave the dishes for the morning and just put the majority of the dishes in the sink {I know your all shocked!!!} but I missed Dan's big tall glass of kool aid. When he left it, it was mostly just ice, but it had melted enough to tempt Seth into taking a sip instead of getting his own. The condensation must have made it slip right through his little fingers. So I swept up as much of the glass and mopped up as much of the kool aid as possible. It was all over... Seth was a little shocked about the whole thing and so we just left the residue of black cherry on the floor and continued with our show {I am loving Castle!!!} He fell asleep and I proceeded to clean the kitchen floor. I must have been delirious when I finally fell into bed because I woke up to this:
I was so sure I put the mop away and I was so sure that I drained the water, the cold, dirty water from the night before... Nope, Seth decided to help out when he woke up and decided to spread the cold, dirty water all over my clean floors! After re-mopping the kitchen floors and fridge??? we talked about helping mommy and waiting for mommy to say it is OK to help.
Last week he was doing the dishes in the sink. He pulled a bar stool up to the sink and started scrubbing and rinsing the dishes I left in the soapy water to soak. He also removed the pin from the middle hinge from his bedroom door.
I was a little upset that I had to re-mop but I am loving this kid and will be training him asap.
2 comments:
1-Do you rent him out?
2-Does he do windows? How about vaccuuming and dusting?
3-Teach him to iron!
Hope all is well at your house!
Love your posts! Your kidlets are so sweet!
Oh the joy of kids and them helping with everything. My kids always beg to wash walls, but then I have to supervise how much water they have on their rags so they don't drip water all over the floor and at least your kids know to use a mop to clean up spills, my kids use their hands to spread it all over the counter. I too LOVE Castle! I just giggle the whole time I am watching it.
Post a Comment