Making Mud

Wednesday, May 6, 2009


Today I got more than I bargained for. We got together with Erin to make some flower clips for our beautiful hair. I have been wanting to do this for some time, but like any other situation, I needed some assistance. I don't know my own mind and couldn't make a decision to save my life... But Erin had oodles of fun fabrics and helped me make three, almost four really cute flowers.

While we were busy creating, Chloe, Seth and Sam were outside helping Grandma water her plants. Chloe loves all of Grandma's watering cans. She has so many vintage treasures that are small enough for all of the kids to carry ~ full of water! After filling the watering cans multiple times Grandma's grass was getting a little soggy:
Here is a picture of Sam getting in on the grocery sack action. The kids had gotten so wet and muddy that they stripped off all of their clothes. I had an extra pair of shorts for Seth in the trunk of my car ~ for emergencies. I never thought this would be their need... We were needing to come home but their clothes were too far gone to even ride home in. This new plastic bag fashion is all the rage in Paris and Milan!!!!!

4 comments:

Kristina P.,  May 6, 2009 at 5:19 PM  

They look like they had a great time!

Shiree in Salt Lake City,  May 7, 2009 at 8:30 AM  

What a creative idea!

I would have stripped 'em nekkid and made them ride home in an old scratchy blanket I keep in my trunck for emergencies!

You're the best mom!

Also, your mom has a lovely patio and yard!!!

Amy,  May 7, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

My kids do the plastic bag thing even when they haven't played in the mud. They walk around the house in the newest fashion. Hopefully with all the mud making you were able to get your flower clips made.

Jenn,  May 10, 2009 at 9:28 PM  

Where's the picture of your flower clips?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails