Toothpick Lunch

Friday, January 30, 2009

Today we ate a lunch of miniatures. I had some mini saltines and added a little square of cheese. We had baby dill pickles, sliced. We loved the deli ham, rolled up. The cut hot dogs were no big deal and the baby carrots with ranch are always a hit. But the best part was that everything was eaten with toothpicks. We pretended that we were giants and skewered our lunch!!!

Seth also needed to skewer the bubble in his mini glass of chocolate milk:
And Chloe liked lining her 'samples' up and eating them in order.
We had so much fun and then they both cheerfully helped clean up the lunch mess. Something happened last night that I still can't explain. I made dinner, chicken enchiladas, early yesterday and put it in the fridge. When Dan got home I put the food in the oven and sadly it didn't taste very good... But afterwards I started doing the dishes and instead of shooing the kids away to go and play I asked for their help. They swept the floors and vacuumed the crumbs. They helped unload the clean dishes in the dishwasher and finished putting all of their toys away. I already posted about reading to Chloe. Both kids were asleep by 8 PM and I was able to get all of my pictures for April '08 prepared and e-mailed to Costco for printing. By 10:30 I was tired and felt I had enough accomplished for my scrap booking night at Mom's! This morning I woke up when Dan left for work. I had gotten a great nights sleep and snuggled with both kids for a few minutes before getting up and getting breakfast going at 6 AM. We are all dressed, have our hair done, outfits on, with our beds made and our rooms clean. The laundry is done, my scrapbook stuff is ready to go out the door as soon as Dan gets home. Chloe and Seth have played really sweetly today and I still can't figure out what is different,
SO THAT I CAN REPEAT IT!!!!!!!!!!
Here comes the weekend!

3 comments:

Unknown,  January 30, 2009 at 4:07 PM  

ok you are the BEST MOM EVER!! I love the tooth pick idea, I just might have to try it! so cute!!!

Janiece,  January 31, 2009 at 1:51 AM  

How funny we were visiting each others blogs at about the same time!!
You have to have some of the cutest ideas.
I love the way you interact with your children.
Have a fantastic weekend!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails