Organizational High!

Monday, November 10, 2008

What a rush! I just finished going through my filing cabinets and shredding all of our unnecessary documents. I used to be the girl who saved every receipt. for. seven. years. I used to save every wadded up receipt Dan would bring home from McDonald's. for. seven. years. I am much better now, but have been slacking with my system. I only ever save the receipt for items that can be returned and only merchandise with a value slightly higher than the cost of said Big Mac at McDonald's! Instead of keeping monthly statements and check stubs for seven years I keep a three ring binder with dividers for each account and only keep 12 months of invoices and statements. I keep all medical records filed by person and date. Chloe and Seth had a blast helping me stuff 2 1/2 large black garbage bags full of shredded paperwork.

P.S. that is Seth peaking through my binders!

4 comments:

Jillene,  November 11, 2008 at 5:16 PM  

Hahahaha!! Cute picture!! I have a box full of papers that need to be shredded--UGH!!

Kate,  November 11, 2008 at 6:14 PM  

I use to keep everything too. You've inspired me to go through my paper work and get rid of more. That Seth is just too cute!

Laura,  November 12, 2008 at 1:40 PM  

Just so you know their is medication for this problem. haha
I need you to come go through my files.

Racheal,  November 13, 2008 at 6:51 PM  

I'd love to be added to your private blog....
racheal.fenton@gmail.com

And... HELP ME! I am so NOT organized... I could use your services :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails