Hopefully...
Monday, November 3, 2008
* I didn't take one picture today... I woke up and Chloe was still sleeping. With daylight savings time ending, it was like a gift from above. She slept until 8:30. Both the kids went to bed fairly early after a long Sunday. Our ward changed times {From 11 AM to 1 PM, due to a new ward being created that met in our building} and the shift was hard for us and for all of the other nursery kids. We actually had one little boy fall asleep while having snacks. A few of them were brought in late, after they woke up. Change is rough! Hopefully next week will be easier.
* But change can be great. Seth has been very adamant that he doesn't want to wear a diaper. He still has yet to do #2 in the toilet. But this morning I changed his butt after he pooped and he didn't have an accident today, YEAH!!! Hopefully we will be out of diapers soon. Hopefully before he is three!!!!!!!!!

* I have been torn about posting this next item for three days now. If this is to be a record of our life, I figured I would just have to take the good with the bad... Early Saturday morning I was woken up by Dan yelling at me to get up and come check this out. I mumbled something but remembered that I had to get up and going anyway, so I went and looked. We had a mouse, in the house, it was tiny, it was brown, it was kind of cute. It was in my tub. It was marked for death! It was jumping up and down. It was trying to get out. It was a lost cause. Dan lectured me on crumbs and the kids eating in the basement... He went and woke the kids so that he could spread the same words of caution about where we eat to the crumb makers and then sent them back to their bedrooms to get ready to go celebrate Josh's birthday.
Have you ever seen or used a bug zapper?
* Hopefully this was a lone mouse and Hopefully he didn't have a wife and Hopefully she didn't have any babies. Today I picked up a few traps just in case and all new boxes of cereal!!! I guess that the pantry needed to be super clean and organized. I guess my bathroom needed to be sanitized. I guess that the basement needed to be scoured for crumbs. Hopefully the day will come when I feel comfortable enough to have a long hot soak in the tub...

3 comments:
You should have taken one of our kitties. They were great mousers and were litter box trained. You can't ask for anything more!
Ewwww! Not a huge fan of mice. Ewwww!
We found a mouse in our old house once, and that was one of the few times I was glad I had a dog... she killed it, and no other mice ever came back. Anyway, it's hard for me to believe that it was a "crumb problem"-- you are the cleanest and best housekeeper I know!
Post a Comment