Swiss Days
Monday, September 6, 2010
Swiss Days has been getting so predictable with too many of the same crafts; the vinyl, the jewelery, the magnet boards, as well as all of the crazy women who bring their children and their strollers!!! This year we decided to make some crafts of our own.
Igor still has a bat hanging from his outstretched arm:
(and his hair still needs some attention)
Laura found some scrapbook paper that had this bride of frankenstien and frank on it.
I'm still not sure of their mouths, I didn't like what everyone else did...
Laura found this label and I was able to duplicate the paperwork.
We added the dough black widow spider!
We stayed up all night long until everyone finished their new creepy crafts.
Dan, Chloe and Seth had gone to Bear Lake for the long weekend. I was able to stay home and clean the house. It was so luxurious to do things at my own speed and exactly how I wanted to. I put away all of my summer crafts and dusted everywhere. I think it was too soon to put our my fall crafts so I worked on some projects that I have had for some time. I bought this magnet board from Becky's garage sale, it used to be hot pink...
I made the kids Job Charts. I have wanted clip boards for them. They have wanted to be able to check off the items on their list and to take their list with them as they complete each task. Walmart's clip boards were over three dollars and too cute. I picked up some good old brown clip boards at the DI and decided to modge podge some cute paper to cover up the nick names that had been written all over it, his name must have been Richard!
I have saved the bottoms of the curtains I put on my back doors. We have never gotten blinds for the other kitchen windows because we weren't sure what to do about the door windows. The drapes have been up for over a year and I finally just took what was left over and made a simple seam and hung them with a couple of spring rods.
The curtain on the right seems too low...
I think this one hangs just right but is too short.
What if I added some red tulle to the bottom of the short windows and as a bow or tie backs to the window/doors??? I was able to play the wii without interuption, I was able to clean my office and go through boxes of stuff that didn't have a place to go, I was able to gather up a pile of stuff for the DI, and I got all of this done because I couldn't sleep!!! I don't know if it was because I was alone in the house or not but I slept very little and am very glad that they are home!

2 comments:
I think you are thinking too much about the curtains!
I like the last one too, maybe add some matching red material to make it longer and tie backs to tie it all in! BTW i was one of those crazy ladies pushing a stroller at Swiss Days, we didn't last long!
Post a Comment