Pine View Saturday Morning

Saturday, September 11, 2010

I remember falling asleep after spending a day in the sun on my dad's boat.  I would crawl underneath the co-captains chair where there was a slight slant to elevate my head and enough protection from the wind rushing around the boat to keep me cool.  I like fishing with Dan because we always catch and release.  I only stopped fishing with my dad when he insisted we eat what we catch.  But lately it seams that I launch the boat and park the trailer then snuggle up, tucked into the co-captains side of the boat and sleep.  I can't understand why I can't sleep on my own comfortable bed for more than three hour intervals, but put me on a boat and I can sleep on the hard surface with cold metal circles in the floor (from where Dan repositioned the seats) and sleep until it is time to pull the boat out of the water or until my bladder says it is time to pack it all in.  It must have something to do with snuggling up under mom's legs and the motion of the water. 

We spent hours on the water on Saturday.  It started kind of chilly but that's why we bring blankets!!!  The kids get pulling in fish after fish once Dan found them a hot spot.  I guess I am also there to take the pictures ~ not JUST launch the boat!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails