the Lego Saga

Thursday, January 7, 2010


I think I mentioned that Santa Claus brought this game to Dan. He has been hiding the wii disc while he is at work since one of the kids erased his progress after the long Christmas weekend. They are so interested in all of the characters and have many, many questions. I thought they might enjoy the movies and have begun their obsession of everything star wars. We started with the first episode when Anakin is a little boy and they loved it. Chloe thought all of the aliens were so weird and kept calling them astronauts. It was confusing when Anakin grew to a young jedi in training but Queen Amadala remained the same... We are missing the third story and so they are missing the part where Anakin kills all of the children training to be jedi's. They love the light sabers and the laser guns. When Dan explained that Anakin turned into Darth Vader, I thought they were going to want to stop watching the movies. But they love R2-D2 and Princess Leia {in the wii game she can kill the enemies by slapping them!} and Seth calls C3PO, C-PeePee-O.

Just this morning, Chloe woke me up around 8:40. We had another rough night and I forgot to set my alarm. Her carpool was knocking at the door and she was still in her pj's. I had her send them on to school and she came back upstairs crying. I told her I would take her to school and not to worry. She tried explaining that she was just upset because she had just watched the Return of the Jedi again this morning and she thought that when Darth Vader saved his son and turned against the dark side and killed the emperor, it was just like when Jesus died for us. Yeah we might need to bump up the F.H.E. to two times a week...

Seth also informed me that he would like a Darth Vader cake for his upcoming birthday. I had bought some toy story toys at Target but I realized we bought some very similar toys at the DI that he doesn't absolutely love to play with. I am planning on returning them and we will be looking for some star wars figurines for this years theme! Because his doctor called this morning, after our appointment yesterday, and told me that his strep culture came back positive, I promised this sick little monster a star wars cake ~ I am such a push over!!!

I have been trying to read the Chronicles of Narnia series for months. I have never finished reading the entire group of books ~ even while in school. I laugh about what Chloe said but it amazes me how many stories and movies out there have a plot similar to the bible. When Aslan came back to life due to the old magic, I seriously wondered if the author, C.S. Lewis, was LDS. I remember thinking that the movie Willow came strait from the story of the Moses.

Dan and I did get a call last night from the bishopric. He will be serving on the Cub Scout committee and I will be serving in the primary as the 10-11 year olds' Achievement Days Leader. Hopefully these callings are low key enough so that when Chloe and Seth (now a sunbeam) answer questions in primary and their response has something to do with Star Wars, we wont be called into the bishops office or released.

So now when Dan plays the wii the kids have to use their light sabers from Disney World behind him. He was excited that I pulled them out of a box in the basement at first, but now ~ not so much. But I am looking for cake ideas that are simple enough that I might be able to wow Seth with a cake this year. Sadly, I think I peaked too soon and to think he is only going to be four...

2 comments:

Jenn,  January 8, 2010 at 3:53 AM  

Check your email for cake links.

wende,  January 8, 2010 at 5:42 PM  

we love star wars around here - but seriously, that third movie is so violent and dark, i would say just let them miss that part of the story for a while. hearing about it is gruesome enough!

and...CS lewis is not LDS but he is a devout christian. he wrote a famous series of books called "the screw tape letters. all very short but VERY deep and philosophical, all about christ and life as a christian. i love the way his mind works, i am a big fan.

i did not love the narnia movies though, i couldn't believe how violent they ended up being on film. the battle scenes were like lord of the rings only minus the blood.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails