Happy New Years!!!

Friday, January 1, 2010

Dan guessed it. His parents bought a cabin!!! It is the most beautiful and amazing cabin ever!!! They gave all of the kids a navigational system for Christmas and then gave us the coordinates to a "rented cabin" for a new years eve weekend. This is where we arrived! They have a bedroom for each of their kids with a loft area just for Josh. When we arrived Sue was putting her new rustic cabin dishes in the cabinets. They told us to look around and find our room ~ it had an ornament with Santa Claus riding a morotcycle in it! In the family room in the basement were boxes and boxes that had the makings for 5 sets of bunkbeds, with trundles and fifteen twin mattresses. Sue has been shopping and had all of the bedding for the beds in the cabin and rustic theme. Each room has its own set of color coordinated towls. Our bedroom is going to be the fishing room! I can't wait to decorate it... Chloe was so excited because she has always wanted to sleep on a bunk bed and she did really well ~ as far as I know no one fell out! Since Dan and I arrived first {SHOCKING, I KNOW} he set out to put his bunk bed together. He did it wrong and had to fix the dang beds three times, his brothers loved this!!!

We had a great time sledding up and down the lot and then Grandpa brought out the Rhino's and took those that wanted too all over the neighborhood. We had great food, played card games and did puzzles. We preteneded that it was midnight at about 8:30 on new years eve and blew horns and wore party hats. Most of the kids couldn't last much later than that and Seth even slept through the excitement.

Here is a video I took of Dan and Seth taking Grandpa out:
There were so many great pictures of us sledding that I added them all. There might be some more if I can get some pictures from Echo.




6 comments:

Becky Darling,  January 5, 2010 at 9:09 AM  

I am SO jealous!!!! Their cabin looks divine!!! Maybe they'll let you host a MUCH NEEDED girls night out there!!!!!!

Laura,  January 5, 2010 at 11:15 AM  

That really looks like you guys had a great time. It really sucks to come home sick!!!!

Barbara,  January 5, 2010 at 12:47 PM  

Oh how I wish someone I was related to had a cabin! Or even better I had the money to buy one. How fun!!! We really need to get together and laugh!

Love, Barb

Linn,  January 6, 2010 at 7:55 AM  

Holy frijoles that is awesome! Bry and Sue are so kind and that is the funnest thing ever! Love it!

Janiece,  January 6, 2010 at 4:39 PM  

It looks like a FAMILY cabin was prchased! How fun!
Enjoy your snow!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails