First Day of School
Monday, August 23, 2010
She woke me up this morning before my alarm had a chance to go off. She was dressed and ready to go! We made her favorite breakfast, cream of wheat, and packed her lunch. We missed back to school night and she was a little nervous about meeting her teacher. She got a little teary and thought she would like to stay home instead. I said that was a great idea and assigned her a bunch of chores to coax her into changing her mind. She bucked up and we did her hair and headed out to the garage. We got the car seats in and got our seat belts on and the car would not start. The thing was dead, no noise, no nothing! I called Aunt Jenn to see if she could take us, I called some neighbors but they were already on their way. I called Dan to see if there was anything I could do, quickly, and then we all started walking to school. She was whimpering a little about being late and neither of us knew exactly were to go. Our friend Amy, from last years car pool, saved the day and stopped and took Chloe to school. She had a car full or I would have gone with her. I got a hold of Uncle Tom and he let me borrow their little black car and Seth and I were able to meet her once school was over. She had gotten a little nervous but told me she was very brave! Recess was the best part of the day and she went on and on about the big kid play ground that she gets to play on now that she isn't a kindergartner!!! For lunch she sat next to a sixth grader and there was no cheese to get the cheese touch from ~ go figure!

0 comments:
Post a Comment