Coloring Easter Eggs

Friday, April 2, 2010

In years past they have rushed through the eggs as quickly as possible. Because of their impatience and/or speediness most of their beauties ended up the same color. Not wanting to stop they just kept switching dyes and {happily more Seth than Chloe this year} many of the eggs were a lovely shade of gray. In years past they have been so fast that I didn't get my fill for the year’s annual tradition...


This year I bought just enough eggs and we prepared three dozen. We lost a few in the boiling process but even with those mishaps, Chloe, Seth and I each had almost 11 eggs to decorate. I divided them up and gave each person their own egg carton to keep everything kosher. Once all of the dye was distributed and counted out ~ just right, we actually started out slow! But if you look at some of Seth's eggs, there are two that are getting very gray... I did have to give up a few of my eggs. Seth kept getting confused and would mistakenly take one of Chloe's eggs that were soaking for a darker, deeper shade... To keep the peace, I sacrificed some of my own eggs and their last chance for Easter egg beautification. But that's what Easter is all about.

1 comments:

Jenn,  April 6, 2010 at 1:13 PM  

I don't know how you do it! It would drive me crazy to have Desi just dumping them in!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails