Christmas Eve Party

Thursday, December 24, 2009

We got together with Dan's family at our house on Christmas Eve. We had dinner and each family shared a favorite story, song or game. These boys had so much fun dressing up in Seth's super hero outfits. They are so wild and crazy together, it is fun to watch them!!!
I was so glad that Dan's Grandpa could come. He is missing Grandma Rita so much during the holidays. He wrote each of his grandchildren a lovely note and shared one of Grandma's Owls with us. This is the one he chose for Dan:
She loved to collect little owl figurines and liked the simile "wise as an owl".
She wants us to be wise and to remember that "wisdom is much more than knowledge"
He then passed out gold dollars to all of the kids. I think it was Jared who chuckled under his breath that when he was little he thought Grandpa made these in his basement!
Uncle Jared gave the kids the Spongebob Operation game ~ I really wanted this!!!
Dan was really excited to give his mom a red rider bb gun this year!

It is always fun to get together with family. Everyone had a few more Christmas Eve things to take care of so the night ended just when it was starting to get a little dangerous... Grandma and Grandpa had given each family two round sleds and Seth started the craziness by going down the stairs on them. Echo got some great pictures of the kids and one of Drake really flying (I will need a copy of them soon)!!!

3 comments:

Laura,  December 29, 2009 at 3:29 PM  

i am jealous. I love the owl!!!!!
It sounds like you guys had a blast!!!Did sue want the red rider beebee (sp) gun??????

Jenn,  December 29, 2009 at 10:02 PM  

I want to play Operation, I can't remember the last time I played it!

Wendy,  December 30, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

DId Sue shoot her eye out???

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails