Antelope Island

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Something is wrong with my camera. I might have to have a little visit with my camera guru, Krista to see if my settings have been changed. I can't get a distant picture to come out in any lighting without being blurry...

We got to visit the Island today and it was so, so foggy you could hardly see the great salt lake... We did see some buffalo and that is all that really matters!
One of my Laurels' family lives on the island {her dad is like the ranger or something} and it is her birthday on Saturday. The young women leaders place a sign in each girls yard for their birthday and I volunteered to put hers in her yard. I guess I should have asked where her yard is... I drove near the visitor center and came to a dead end. I knew it couldn't be by the camp grounds. I started to drive towards the ranch and a house just appeared hovering in the fog. I took the next turn and lost sight of the house. No luck. I turned around and went back to where I saw it and continued on. I had tried calling a neighbor but before I found the house I drove out of range, but she did tell me they lived before the gate. Low and behold, just before the gate is a little dirt path that is a very long and windy, snow covered driveway! We found it, we delivered the sign, we saw the buffalo, we left!!!
On our way back over the causeway we saw this boat out on the water. Chloe asked me what they were doing because she knows there aren't any fish in the water. I thought maybe they were doing some testing or scientific study... And then we heard the shot guns go off in succession and then two ducks fell from the sky! Mystery solved, but now she wants to know what ducks taste like.

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails