It was just a couple of inches

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It's a love/hate type of situation at our house right now. I both love and hate it when I can't sleep at night. It is Tuesday and since I don't have to take Chloe to school in the morning, I can just get her out the door functioning on fewer than normally needed brain cells. You should see us rushing around each morning slapping her hair into pony tails, fumbling with her lunch box and her bottle of ice water, with just enough brain cells to spare to gather and organize her folder full of homework and forms.

I was lucky enough to get a free desk from Laura and Meridian Title when they were redecorating. I was even luckier to have my brother-in-law Russ and nephew Zack come and help get it into the house, up the stairs, through a too small hallway and into my office and then they put it together!!! For the past two years I have enjoyed my fabulous office. It is the place where everything ends up. If I've left something in the kitchen too long and Dan doesn't think it belongs there, He'll put it in my office! Any time the kids are cleaning their own bedrooms and don't know where something goes, it gets put in my office! I hate to admit it but it is clean and usable for scrapbooking and crafting probably only 50% of the time...

The desk is great but it is three inches away from the wall. Or I should say it was three inches away from the wall! I had to take everything out of the two large legal sized drawers and remove everything from the top of my desk, including my computer. I snapped the picture above so that I could put my computer back together without any questions or guesses! So now everything is clean and I no longer loose pens and pencils or anything and everything else that would fall behind my desk, I am ready to scrapbook and hope with the upcoming time off of school, we will be able to finish some fun crafts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails