The funny things they say!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I have forgotten to take my camera with me for the past few weeks.  I headed off to Mom and Dad's to be with Dad and let Mom have the day to herself and realized I don't have it with me, again.  I wanted to take a self portrait of me and Dad...  Next time. 

A few nights ago, Dan announced that he was going to get rid of the squeak in the floor board in our family room.  We have lived with this for over three years now and I was a little surprised.  He asked me to take everything off of my book shelves and the entertainment center before he got home from work.  He and Chloe just found 25 pages of cheats and hints for their fishing game on the Wii and were catching some really big fish with each others help.  It had been a while since anyone had played this game and Dan kept asking Chloe how he was supposed to switch from his tackle box and his many types of bait.  She kept answering him, "Push the B button Dad, Can't you read?"  She is getting to be such a good little reader, she is full of herself!  She came home from school on Monday with 100% on her first spelling pre-test.  The words are assigned to them and if they spell them all correctly they get extra challenge words for the week ~ what kind of backwards prize is this?  She loves it anyways!!!  After they stopped playing games for dinner, he got busy getting rid of the squeaks by drilling screws into the floor, after pulling up the carpet.  Both kids were freaking out that he was ruining our house!

Dan and I have been slogging through head colds.  There is an annoying tickle that just sticks in the back of your throat and is very persistent at night.  Last weekend, he thought he felt just fine and was going to go out early, Saturday morning to try to call in some coyotes and get some target practice under his belt.  He had invited brothers and neighbors but no one could make it.  He resolved to bring Seth.  They were gathering warm clothing and boasting about their soon to be kills when he came in and informed me, the mother!  I very nervously made him vow to bring my baby home in one piece without any extra holes!!!  Seth came in to tell me he was going to take his gun hunting {the one he got from Grandpa Thomson} and he was going to kill some bunnies.  I said to him that if he goes with Dad, he wont be a baby anymore, he'd be a man and there would be no more snuggling with mommy.  He quickly changed his mind and refused both Dan and my own attempts to get him to go.  I was very excited for him to go with Dan, me and Chloe could have some girl time of our own.  Fortunately, Dan took a sleep aid that night and got some sleep but still didn't feel well enough to go, with or with out Seth; my boy who is not quite ready to be a man!!!

1 comments:

Jeanette Atkinson,  November 4, 2010 at 8:18 AM  

Estupido! Why would you say that to Seth, girl time is so fun!!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails