Off Again - On Again!

Thursday, July 10, 2008

It has been weeks since we have had any traffic looking at our house. Dan and I had both came to the same conclusion that selling at this time just must not be. Today we had two families come and even though Erin helped me clean up our scrapbooking/ignoring the children mess for Dan's homecoming, I still cleaned like a banshee today. I had told Erin of a funky smell lurking in my bathroom and couldn't find the source after very thorough cleaning. I even told Dan that there must be something wrong with the toilet. Any who, I found and eliminated the offensiveness today!!! You might want to stop and take a moment to consider how old your toilet brush is... Mine were 10 years old! All three toilet brushes and holders were thrown away today and so far, so good (cross your fingers). Similarly, I wanted to clean the jets of my tub out really good and thought the best way to do this was to let them soak in bleach and not knowing that I could unscrew them, I filled the tub with the hottest water and added a bottle of bleach. I ran the jets and kept going back to check on it as I was cleaning the other bathrooms. In the end the bubbles got so high, I had a hard time getting rid of them before the people came to look at our house... It was like a Mr. Mom moment when he adds too much soap to the washing machine. Needless to say it is very clean! and I will be looking into unscrewing the jets next time!

It is so nice to have Dan home! He went into work this morning after a very late flight home from LA and since he has been home from work today, he has played and played with the kids. He even finally got Chloe to let our bird sit on her shoulder!

I still can't believe that this is my first real pet. I know that we had gold fish when I was little and some of my older sisters had rabbits or gerbils. But, I love this bird! Chloe and Seth really enjoy watching it do everything. It is even so easy to take care of, so far. When we decided on a name on the way home from the pet store it was me who suggested Beaker. Lately Chloe has been very whiny and she gets all high pitched and is going so fast she doesn't even take a breath. Weeks ago I told Dan the she sounds just like Beaker from the Muppet's.

The clincher was that Seth could and would say Beaker! Dan had birds when he was a little boy and said that this is the friendliest and tamest bird he's ever had, by far!

Our grass is still growing, we are toilet brush free, our Daddy is home safe and life is good!!!

2 comments:

Erin,  July 10, 2008 at 9:43 PM  

So were the people very interested in your house???

Liz,  July 10, 2008 at 10:26 PM  

It was the same old, same old... Very hushed up and no emotions. Both of the wives said they loved the way our beautiful home was decorated. The last family had 6 or 7 children moving from virginia with a new job at hill air - so if they finished the basement it could be perfect. And they lived in a HOA back east.!.!.!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails