Just for Laughs

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Strange though it may seem the mention of this woman put a crimp in my evening. She is a Doctor of Obstetrics & Gynecology. I have been needing to find a new OB as the wonderful woman who delivered my babies, Dr Beard, has retired. Wendy recommended two qualified, female doctors who could lead me down the path of old lady. I mean that is all that is left now that I am done having children, isn't it? I don't know why I chose this particular woman. I guess it is just part of me that tries to make people laugh with me!!!

Dan and I were laying down after putting the kids to bed. It wasn't heating up but it was getting a little warm... We were talking about the sale of our trailer (YEAH!), the purchase of a car for me (DOUBLE YEAH!!), and upcoming vacations, appointments, school stuff, etc. At this time I mentioned my doctors appointment with a Dr. Fillerup. We were laughing so hard and it just kept getting funnier and funnier. Dan asked me, again, if that was really her name. 'Yes, yes, by all means look it up, Google her!' So we went from a little warm to cold as he reached for his laptop and looked up my new found OB!

Now the story goes on and my 4 year old realized that Mommy forgot to lock her bedroom door... Have I scarred her for life? My older sisters still swear they were traumatized by the weird hum of my mothers sewing machine in the middle of the night. Lucky me, I was either too deep of a sleeper or blissfully naive!

I love to love with laughter involved! It makes me so happy when there is no where else I would rather be and no where else my mind might be wandering off too (i.e. the dishes, the laundry, Chloe's new nightmare of mommy smothering daddy...)

On a completely different note - my Uppercase Living shipment arrived today! I have no Idea who, what, where, when or WHY it has taken so long to get here but it is all ready to be delivered to those of you who ordered!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  July 30, 2008 at 2:08 PM  

Dr Fillerup. Funny!

What a funny night you guys had.

Laughter really is the best medicine.

Lene,  July 30, 2008 at 4:11 PM  

dr fillerup. that is good.
The dr who did my first c-section was dr seymann - can't get better than that for an ob/gyn.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails