Do You Cricut?

Friday, September 11, 2009

I have been working with my neighbor and co-PTA board member this week. We have been making 8.5 x 11 posters with the teachers last names. She asked me if I could help her because I am so creative ~ I know!!! So Funny! I was looking at my cricut cartridges and thought that the Zooballo font would be cute with the animals coordinating with the first letter of the teachers last name. So I made a list of all of the teachers name and of course, I alphabetized it. We get to the end of the alphabet and ended with Ms. Williams. I was just looking and the letter Y is a yak. This is no regular yak ~ it is the perfect buffalo as in Buffalo Point Elementary! I went to Wendy's as soon as Chloe was off to school this morning and we tried cutting out the biggest yak possible on her big cricut. We got it pretty big but I thought we could do better. She let me talk her into taking her machine and her un-used Design Studio!!! Such a giver, that Wendy ~ Thanks!!!

After having both Chloe and Seth voluntarily clean their bedrooms to my specifications without any whining I made some paper dolls with {again} Wendy's Paper Doll Cartridge. The kids loved the time Megan made them some last month and were in heaven shouting out requests and waiting patiently while they were perfectly cut! Chloe thinks the possibilities are endless:

Once I put the kids to bed I loaded the Design Studio on my computer and was able to come up with this monster. He measures 16 x 12 inches and is as big as I can make him without stretching or skewing! {Our school colors are black and teal}

I finished this page with the paper doll monster costumes. I think it might be too cutsie but it will have to do:
I was also able to fix Seth's poor piggy bank. He and Chloe were trying to get it off his shelf to add some monies to it... It broke into pieces and is now drying in hopes to hold pennies again soon. The bank was broken when I was at my moms last weekend and Chloe's princess piggy bank has been in Seth's room ever since ~ Dan determined that this was her fault and now she doesn't have to buy him a new one!
I saved the day, again!!!

2 comments:

Wendy,  September 12, 2009 at 4:58 PM  

I have always thought of myself as a giver!!! HA Ha HA!!!

Jeanette Atkinson,  September 13, 2009 at 6:21 PM  

Do you need to borrow my glittery wonder woman cape or what. Way cool!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails