Merry Christmas

Thursday, December 25, 2008

This was definitely Chloe's year. She was so excited she told us that she was going to stay up all night long. She wanted to ask Santa Claus for a drink, like Cindy Lou Who ~ the Grinch is our favorite Christmas movie! This morning around 2 AM, I got up to go to the bathroom. She must have heard me because she stumbled into our bedroom and asked, "Mommy, Mommy has Santa Claus been here?" I tried to pretend I was still sleeping but Dan told her to go and check. We hear her ultrasonic squeals of delight, then her running to Seth's room, "Seth, wake up, wake up, Santa's been here!" She was so excited, she couldn't believe that the reindeer ate their carrots and that Santa ate his cookies. Last year there was a little mishap with her request for a turtle toy. This year she wrote Santa a letter and included a picture! She got just what she asked for!!!

Seth got a number of Motorcycles, just like he asked!
We have a horrible running tradition of buying ourselves something we want but wrapping it up for each other as a gift. I got Dan a much needed remote that I have wanted for a long time!
It seems unreasonable that in less than an hour we demolished a months worth of preparation!

4 comments:

Janiece,  December 29, 2008 at 8:16 PM  

What a fantastic looking Christmas Morning!
It looks like it was beyond WONDERFUL!

Lisa Allen,  December 29, 2008 at 8:57 PM  

Wow, you guys are amazing parents! If my kids woke up at 2:00 am I would have for sure told them to go back to bed for at least 4 more hours!

Jeanette Atkinson,  December 30, 2008 at 8:36 AM  

I think it is amazing as the kids get older the wake up time gets later. I don't think we got up until 5 am and after opening presents i went back to sleep for a couple of hours!!!

Linn,  December 30, 2008 at 10:09 PM  

What a fun morning! And you really are the nicest ever. I don't think I had gone to sleep by the time your kids got up. Looks like too much fun though!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails