It's Fun to do Fondue

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Chloe was so excited to bring her best friend from our old neighborhood a little Christmas present that she picked out all by herself. The silly girl sneaked up to thier front door! We used to have so much fun with our friends and still like to get together, sadly, just not as often!
We started our morning at 9 AM, at Alphagraphic's, picking up a Christmas project. My good friend Tina works there and she helped me set up this fabulous gift project. I wanted to round all of the corners ~ all 1,728 of them. This would have cost a small fortune in labor costs, but Tina let me use their commercial rounder at no charge! They have a little Lego table and the kids were being so good. Sadly there were some items missing and had to be reprinted. They would not be ready until after 3 PM... I had to choose between returning to Bountiful, wasting valuable time or run errands in the area until the project was complete. I chose the latter and probably chose incorrectly! After visiting with Shannon I took the kids out to lunch at McDonald's ~ a reward for their wonderful behavior earlier. Chloe and Seth were playing in the kid land and when I brought out the chicken nuggets, Chloe ran up to me and informed me that a girl had asked if she would like to be her friend. Chloe replied, "No thanks, I have enough friends!" I told her that she can never have enough friends and that she should go find her and ask her to be her friend and tell her your name. She couldn't find her... Afterwards we went to the grocery store. I have really enjoyed using the grocery smarts web site to bulk up on my food storage and still spend less on my monthly grocery bill. This was the first week I have been able to use some of my three sets of coupons! It was a nightmare!!! I was able to get boxes and boxes of Kellogg's cereal for .67 but my kids were acting like monsters. They wanted the over sized whale grocery cart at Albertson's that is so hard to maneuver and they kept hanging out of it the entire time. I was able to make it out of there with little to no attention drawn to us. I called Alphagraphic's to see if the printer had reached our place in line. No. such. luck. We headed to Smiths for more bargains and it took all of the control I had not to pull down their pants and spank them in the middle of the store. I know, none of you out there who know my sweet angel babies will believe this, but it is true. They kept poking and pinching each other, like normal kids do. They kept whining and begging, like normal kids do. They kept pushing my buttons and pulling on my last nerve, like normal kids do. I made the mistake of opting for self check out ~ trying to hold on to the little composure I had remaining. Chloe kept sitting on the scale that measures if you have bagged your item. The fifth and final time I asked/pleaded/told her to stop trying to sit down there involved a little hair pulling. I was almost reduced to tears and finally demanded/threatened that they remain on their assigned square {on the floor} until I was ready to leave! We picked up the last of the project at Alphagraphic's and headed for home. I demanded and threatened silence on the trip home. I believe the smarter of the two fell asleep while the other just sucked her finger the entire ride home! Dan helped unload all of our frugal treasures and I had calmed down enough to make us what was on the menu: Fondue. We all had fun dipping french bread cubes and chicken meatballs into the hot and bubbly concoction!
I want to tell you all about this fabulous project but we are giving them as gifts to everyone in Dan's family. We did have a trial run after dinner and the kids just loved it!!!

2 comments:

Kate,  December 17, 2008 at 9:13 PM  

Exciting! You need to move closer so you can do as I did today and leave the kids with Jenn, she has so many what's a few more? Sadly I still didn't get all my errands done, but it was nice without kids. So what fondue recipe did you use?

Jeanette Atkinson,  December 18, 2008 at 2:45 PM  

Here is a little secret. Give them each a coupon for some gum or candy or their favorite cereal to look for the whole shopping trip. THey have to hold on to it and look on all the shelves for that item. Keeps them occupied and quiet and you still get to do all your shopping. Wah lah!!!! I think i'm a genius!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails