Back to Blogging
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
We are trying to get back into the swing of things around our house. It is so nice to be back on a schedule, kind of... Chloe and Seth are back at school and my ears finally have a break. While we drove up to Bear Lake for New Years, I told the kids I was turning my ears off. They had been talking for SIX DAYS STRAIGHT! Chloe said that wasn't fair. When they are at school they have to be quiet most of the time, she and Seth needed to get in all the talking possible!
Today I spent my afternoon of alone and/or me time at the Layton DI and found the
I was so excited, I was practically dancing. Dan was so frustrated with me when he got home and saw it. He claims my junk never turn into the projects in my head and I hate to admit, he might be right. This is the lamp shade I bought with the lamp:
I found these matching lamp bases a couple of weeks ago,
they are for our bedroom at the cabin and just need some shades:
I found this adorable frame that is a weird rectangle shape and spray painted it turquoise:
I found this rectangle wood bowl and want to refinish it or paint it for our coffee table:
I've been addicted to candlesticks and salt and pepper grinders to
affix to pie tins, plates, or platters and have only finished one:
I also love this old luggage and found another blue travel case and
this adorable green hard case with a surprise inside,
another mini one ~ with the keys to lock them!!!
The biggest project and worst reminder to Dan is the hope chest I picked up at a garage sale last summer. It resides in the basement, collecting dust. But I vow to Dan and all those who read this blog, I will not buy another thing from the DI until all projects are completed and have found a place in our home!

3 comments:
I really like the lamp. Hide your Di finds in the hope chest then no one will be the wiser about how many unfinished projects you have. :)
Tackel one a day then you'll be back to the DI in no time!
I'm the same way! I won't let myself go to DI until I have everything up in my house and know what I'm looking for!
Post a Comment