Protesting Winter
Saturday, February 9, 2013
I was woken up early this morning to squeals and giggles of terror and delight! When I ventured out of my warm bed I found both Chloe and Seth dressed head to toe in black. Dan was hiding and scaring them. They were thieves in the night and were trying to be sneaky. Grandma Sue sent home a Parrot SQUIRT GUN that Dan was using this morning. Seth got the gun away from him and Dan was crouching within earshot and I whispered to him that I had bought some super soakers last summer and they were in the basement high up on the shelf (for maybe the last day of school or fathers day or a hot and boring day...) & (I got them on clearance at Target). He snuck downstairs to our cold unfinished basement and quietly took it out of its packaging. Then he proceeded to fill it up with icy water from our food storage reserves and a water fight ensued!!! Seth knew where my secret supply was and I told him to go and get one while Dan was busy chasing after Chloe! They turned all of the lights on and replaced their black opp gear for swimming suits.
After 2 minutes we made them choose between stopping & putting the guns away until a warmer day or going outside with them:
Chloe
Seth
I can't think of anything crazier than having a water fight in the middle of falling snow but what are you going to do.
"I hate that ground hog!" said Chloe
Then she came inside to get warm, Seth on the other hand...




2 comments:
Love it! You Davis's are crazy!!!
I get mad when the kids or brad just even come in the house with wet shoes. You're so nice to let them have a water fight indoors! Or maybe CRAZY!
Post a Comment