Zack's Missionary Farewell

Sunday, July 31, 2011

I can't believe that I will soon have two nephews in the mission field.  It makes me feel so old.  My wonderful sister Wendy's oldest son Ben is in Atlanta, Georgia and will be home in December.  His little brother, Zack will be leaving in 10 days for San Jose, California.  It will be close to 4 years that they will be apart from each other.  It didn't seem as hard when Ben left.  I think it is because I know Zack a bit more and have been able to spend more time with him.  Maybe it's because my kids are older now - they tell me they can't even remember Ben.  We used to have to check the toy and electronic section of our walmart when Zack worked there.  He has always had a special relationship with his younger cousins (I just know he is going to be a great father some day).  I'm even friends with him on facebook...


 Good bye, Zack
 We'll see you in two years!
I remember in 2009, we had our families Christmas party early in December so that Ben could be there.  I remember getting ready to go home and having to holler for Ben to come and say good bye.  I remember getting teary eyed as I got a last hug.  Today after the farewell and the customary luncheon I asked if we were getting together again before Zack left.  I thought there was going to be another good bye get-together.  I was standing at the front door, heading out front and I started to cry and not because I wish I had taken pictures before he had taken off is spiffy new suit.  I am going to miss this man child more than I planned and I can't stop crying.

1 comments:

Jeanette Atkinson,  August 1, 2011 at 10:10 AM  

I know so sad. Brad had about the same amount of time between him and Jim that they didn't see each other!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails