Half Full Glass
Friday, July 8, 2011
Dan thought I wasn't washing his clothes fast enough and was helping out with the laundry. I hate it when he wants something specific washed. Normally I am all over the piles of clothes but everybody in this house hold has been changing their outfits two, three times a day. Chloe or Seth get a little wet or hosed from top to bottom and they think they need to change clothes. Then later they'll put their swimming suits on and then change into yet again, another outfit. AAAAUUGGHHHHHH!!!! But since Dan was doing some laundry the dryer stopped working...
I got home from the grocery store and usually have two very handy helpers. They might be small but they help me unload everything from the trunk of my car and put it on top of the kitchen counter. Usually I reward them with a special treat. Lately they have loved ice cream sandwiches. But they ate them all. So last week when I got home from the grocery store I surprised them with two new boxes of ice cream sandwiches. Seth even volunteered to put them in the outside freezer when they were all done helping. On Monday, Dan noticed a puddle in front of said freezer in the garage. Everything was melted and mushy. We filled a large black garbage bag full of defrosted food...
We finally decided to go ahead and finish the yard. We started with some bushes and will be working on getting bids for cement work for an RV pad that will wrap around to the back yard. I called the telephone number I had for the back door neighbor. It is a rental and when we moved in they said to send them the bid and they would go on halfsies for their portion of a vinyl fence. I was informed that the property was in foreclosure...
We'll have to get a new dryer soon, but because I have had to hang everything up, including underwear, not one of my shirts have been shrunk in the dryer. About once each month I dry a t-shirt of mine and then they are too short in the waist. The freezer is empty but I made cookies today and was able to freeze the other half of the double batch. I've never had room to do that before. Now, when I want a delicious oatmeal cookie, I can pull out two or three of them and have a warm and fresh from the oven treat. I can't think of how to spin the money we'll need for the fence but maybe the house will be bought by someone (a nice family) who will want to put a fence in and have children the same age as ours and be our best friends.
You might wonder why the glass is half full today people but last night when I went to WW's and was standing on the scale, bare foot, expressing any air out of my body, just in case it weighs me down, the instructor informed me I had lost seven pounds. You read correctly; Seven Pounds!!!
Yeah Me!
3 comments:
Seven pounds, way to go I am so jealous! Definitely a reason to be half full for at least a week!
Thanks for this post, Liz. I really needed to read about some positive perspective on troubles after having to get our a/c replaced today.
YEAH!!!! You are doing awesome! Did you give yourself a BRAVO if not here is a BRAVO from me!
Post a Comment