Johnson's Day IV

Thursday, June 9, 2011

I woke up and cleared the cobwebs from my tired eyes, headed over to Grandma Thomson's to pick up the girls.  They had been awake (thanks to Chloe rousing Hannah) and making cards, songs and poems for Grandpa.  Grandma helped them each to a beautiful flower from her garden to leave on his and Dayna's headstone.  We went back to Erins and the girls kept working to finish their artwork for Dayna.  Erin and I tried to pack away our craft supplies and return her house to some semblance of normal.  We left for Valley View and delivered our special presents.  The girls wanted to sing songs over the graves and we decided on "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home" but with Grandpa and "Mother I Love You" but with Sister. 

We made it home, packed everything away and made snow cones (New Summer Treat) for a hard working reward.  I got ready to go to Weight Watchers and was so excited to have lost 3.2 more pounds making a grand total of 10.2 after 7 weeks.  I did finish my 5K last week and plan to do another in the morning!

I know I will always be baby hungry but oh my goodness did I enjoy these twin boys.  Erin swears they were exceptionally good and aren't always like that but they were wonderful.  She always made sure to keep their swings and bouncer nearby us.  They loved to watch the kids and gave smiles and coos to anyone who would give them attention.  I didn't want to leave their snuggles and when Seth started to cry and complain that he would miss Sam, I knew exactly how he felt.  It was that much easier to promise him we would be back again, soon!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails