Smoothie Preparations
Thursday, July 19, 2012
I was at Costco getting some necessities when I came across this lovely orange bag of Baby Kale. I am a sheep and have been following the crowd with this whole green smoothie kick for a little while. My very fit sister, Krista, warned me that our bodies shouldn't have the same thing everyday. This was months ago. So I picked up a bunch of Kale at the grocery store and tried it, just like I would use spinach. It was so gross I couldn't gag it down! I like Baby Spinach more than I like Adult Spinach. Maybe I would like Baby Kale more than Adult Kale... I like kittens and puppies but cats and dogs ~ not so much!
Since I am the only one at my house who will consume green things, I was worried that the large bag of kale AND spinach I bought would go bad. I only like some things bad... I read somewhere on pinterest that you can freeze spinach, so I've blended up a serving of greens with one cup of water:
This is my lovely Blendtec blender that was my Mother's Day present this year!!!
I poured each serving into a Ziploc freezer bag and laid flat to freeze:
Hopefully I will have as much luck as I did when flash freezing my peanut butter and Greek yogurt. The peanut butter works wonderfully. I used a 2 Tablespoon size scoop and spread them out onto parchment paper. Now I don't have to wash the spoon and/or lick it clean, totally wasting the point of measuring it in the first place!I normally buy 3 or 4 limes each week and if I don't use them up they go hard. Not any more!!! I juiced up the Costco bag of limey green goodness and froze them in my IKEA shaped ice cube trays. Each shape is half a lime!!!
My Favorite Lime Ricky Green Smoothie: blend the juice of 1 lime with a blender full of baby spinach or baby kale and 2 cups Walmart brand Grape Crystal Light. Add 2 cups berries and 1 banana. I have added my oil to this smoothie, for weight watchers and never noticed it. Try It!!!
2 comments:
Just went and bought me some! Can't wait to try the kale.
sounds pretty good...
IF I leave out the kale or the "S" word!
Post a Comment