Allowance...
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
I have been struggling with allowance for two years now. I have made job charts to check off but found that it is too hard to check off each and every item, when they do it. Then when it comes time to pay them according to their check marks, how do I figure out the math and percentages of chores completed compared to empty boxes...
After tithing settlement, last year, I talked with our Bishop and he told me what they did in their family. Everyone has to do chores and jobs around the house, that's just part of being part of the family and getting to live with mom and dad. Each child earned an allowance and was responsible to pay their tithing and save for items needed and wanted.
Chloe and Seth have been very excited when the first of the month rolls around. They each are given 1 dollar for every year of their age. It seems to be working pretty good, so far. I tend to get a better response closer to the beginning and the end of the month than in the middle.
1 comments:
Maybe you could split it up and pay them twice so you get better behavior.
Post a Comment